Photo by David Evans
ABOUT INDRAPRAMIT DAS
Indrapramit Das (aka Indra Das) is a writer and artist from Kolkata, India. His fiction has appeared in several publications including Clarkesworld Magazine, Asimov’s, Lightspeed Magazine, Strange Horizons, and Tor.com, and has also been widely anthologized. He is an Octavia E. Butler scholar and a grateful graduate of Clarion West 2012. He completed his M.F.A. at the University of British Columbia (class of ’11) in Vancouver, where he wore many hats, including dog hotel night shift attendant, TV background performer, minor film critic, occasional illustrator, environmental news writer, pretend-patient for med school students, and video game tester. He never wore any actual hats, except a toque during winter. He divides his time between India (where he has worked as a consulting editor for publisher Juggernaut Books) and North America, when possible.
Indra has written about books, comics, TV and film for publications including Slant Magazine, VOGUE India, Elle India, Strange Horizons and Vancouver Weekly.
Indra’s debut novel The Devourers is available in South Asia and North America from Penguin India and Del Rey (Penguin Random House), respectively.
He is represented by Sally Harding of the Cooke Agency.
CONNECT WITH INDRAPRAMIT
- @TashanMehta @gautambhatia88 Also, fingers crossed for the book flying to other shores. And of course, really looki… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/911493752664973313
- @TashanMehta @gautambhatia88 And I got lucky I was editor when you submitted your novel! And yes, reviewers as thou… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/911493570447605761
- @gautambhatia88 @TashanMehta And you're welcome! I always look forward to your reviews. As for editing, hopefully o… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/911491497207271424
- @gautambhatia88 @TashanMehta Ah, you shouldn't wait up, I'm afraid : ) I'm no longer an editor in that capacity (ju… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/911491319633022976
- Admittedly biased as the editor of THE LIAR'S WEAVE, but I recommend Indian readers give it a try. Rooting for it to appear abroad too.
- An excellent review of @TashanMehta's lush, ambitious literary fantasy debut, the likes of which I'd love to see mo… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/911489304609697792