Photo by David Evans
ABOUT INDRAPRAMIT DAS
Indrapramit Das (aka Indra Das) is a writer and editor from Kolkata, India. His fiction has appeared in several publications including Clarkesworld Magazine, Asimov’s, Lightspeed Magazine, Strange Horizons, and Tor.com, and has also been widely anthologized. He is a Shirley Jackson Award nominee, an Octavia E. Butler scholar, and a grateful graduate of Clarion West 2012. He completed his M.F.A. at the University of British Columbia (class of ’11) in Vancouver, where he wore many hats, including dog hotel night shift attendant, TV background performer, minor film critic, occasional illustrator, environmental news writer, pretend-patient for med school students, and video game tester. He never wore any actual hats, except a toque during winter. He divides his time between India (where he has worked as consulting editor for publisher Juggernaut Books) and North America, when possible.
Indra has written about books, comics, TV and film for publications including Slant Magazine, VOGUE India, Elle India, Strange Horizons and Vancouver Weekly.
Indra’s debut novel The Devourers was the winner of the 2017 Lambda Literary Award for Best LGBQT SF/F/Horror. The novel was also placed on the 2017 Honor List for the James Tiptree, Jr. Award, and shortlisted for the Crawford Award, the Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize, and the Tata Live! Literature First Book Award. The Devourers is available in South Asia and North America from Penguin India and Del Rey (Penguin Random House), respectively.
He is represented by Sally Harding of the Cooke Agency.
CONNECT WITH INDRAPRAMIT
- 🖤 to international students in the U.S. right now. https://twitter.com/kritikaldesi/status/1280249390003900416
- @draxtor It is so exhausting when the supervillains keep winning.
- '...as per records, 53 people died during the violence. However, 39 out of the 52 identified bodies or 75 % belonge… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1280134121272995840
- @flightofsand Happy birthday!
- @BBolander Best wishes to you all, and hoping they're recovered and well soon.