Photo by David Evans
ABOUT INDRAPRAMIT DAS
Indrapramit Das (aka Indra Das) is a writer and editor from Kolkata, India. His fiction has appeared in several publications including Clarkesworld Magazine, Asimov’s, Lightspeed Magazine, Strange Horizons, and Tor.com, and has also been widely anthologized. He is a Shirley Jackson Award nominee, an Octavia E. Butler scholar, and a grateful graduate of Clarion West 2012. He completed his M.F.A. at the University of British Columbia (class of ’11) in Vancouver, where he wore many hats, including dog hotel night shift attendant, TV background performer, minor film critic, occasional illustrator, environmental news writer, pretend-patient for med school students, and video game tester. He never wore any actual hats, except a toque during winter. He divides his time between India (where he has worked as consulting editor for publisher Juggernaut Books) and North America, when possible.
Indra has written about books, comics, TV and film for publications including Slant Magazine, VOGUE India, Elle India, Strange Horizons and Vancouver Weekly.
Indra’s debut novel The Devourers was the winner of the 2017 Lambda Literary Award for Best LGBQT SF/F/Horror. The novel was also placed on the 2017 Honor List for the James Tiptree, Jr. Award, and shortlisted for the Crawford Award, the Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize, and the Tata Live! Literature First Book Award. The Devourers is available in South Asia and North America from Penguin India and Del Rey (Penguin Random House), respectively.
He is represented by Sally Harding of the Cooke Agency.
CONNECT WITH INDRAPRAMIT
- The US government is openly articulating the endpoint of transphobia; denying people civil rights (and whatever hor… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1054008679844982784
- Durga Pujo ends tonight, and with it the brief window of time in which Kolkata grows a nightlife so thick you can b… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1053400083901923328
- @outseide Asterix is one of the most re-readable things in the universe. I don't think I'll ever tire of them; perf… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1053397961068212226
- @CadwellTurnbull 3 eps in, really liking it despite a somewhat stilted start. Earns its scares, is beautiful to loo… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1053397280005541890
- Went in the bathroom after an ep of Haunting of Hill House, hand-soap bottle fell off the sink by itself and clatte… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1053375666681507840