Photo by David Evans
ABOUT INDRAPRAMIT DAS
Indrapramit Das (aka Indra Das) is a writer and artist from Kolkata, India. His fiction has appeared in several publications including Clarkesworld Magazine, Asimov’s, Lightspeed Magazine, Strange Horizons, and Tor.com, and has also been widely anthologized. He is an Octavia E. Butler scholar and a grateful graduate of Clarion West 2012. He completed his M.F.A. at the University of British Columbia (class of ’11) in Vancouver, where he wore many hats, including dog hotel night shift attendant, TV background performer, minor film critic, occasional illustrator, environmental news writer, pretend-patient for med school students, and video game tester. He never wore any actual hats, except a toque during winter. He divides his time between India (where he has worked as a consulting editor for publisher Juggernaut Books) and North America, when possible.
Indra has written about books, comics, TV and film for publications including Slant Magazine, VOGUE India, Elle India, Strange Horizons and Vancouver Weekly.
Indra’s debut novel The Devourers is available in South Asia and North America from Penguin India and Del Rey (Penguin Random House), respectively.
He is represented by Sally Harding of the Cooke Agency.
CONNECT WITH INDRAPRAMIT
- @halleluyang 'Twould be lovely, wouldn't it.
- This unseasonably rainy winter day in Kolkata is reminding me so much of the Pacific Northwest I feel on the verge… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/930709916083396608
- @halleluyang Ah, not so optimistic, just hopeful to calm my mind. Like you, I don't think this is going to happen i… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/930708884456488960
- Congratulations, Australians! Good news is rare, and worth celebrating. Every time this happens in a country, I kee… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/930703165401567233
- Thread. My debut novel was published outside India when I was 31. https://twitter.com/casskhaw/status/930541244186427392